Limelight Moments are exceptional events or activities that can be leveraged to help you stand out from the crowd.
As a publicist, I’m always looking for the Limelight Moments in a business. Not sure what a Limelight Moment is?
Here are a few examples:
- You’ve published a book.
- You or your business win an award.
- You’ve released significant research or a major survey conducted by your business.
- You’ve attended an international conference, either as a delegate or a speaker.
- For example, in the construction industry, two Limelight Moments can be turning the sod and opening the building.
How to leverage Limelight Moments
When you leverage your Limelight Moments, you position yourself as a leader in your industry and market expert.
Examples of how to leverage a Limelight Moment:
- Mention it on your home page. If it’s big news, make sure your visitors can click through to a dedicated page about the Limelight moment.
- Feature it in a special edition of your business newsletter. You don’t have a newsletter? Launch one with your Limelight Moment!
- Write a blog to share the great news and then share your blog through LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Make sure you’re connected via social media channels to everyone with an interest in your Limelight Moment: journalists, editors, speakers, colleagues and so on.
- Look for and connect with industry influencers while you’re in your Limelight Moment.
- Hold a small but very fancy reception for select clients or industry connections to celebrate.
- Host or co-host a private industry event, perhaps following or coinciding with an international conference or survey launch.
As a business owner you’ll experience many Limelight Moments throughout the year. The key is to recognise them, enjoy them and leverage them in order to boost your profile, and ultimately, your bottom line.